For those who are pressed for time who wish to familiarize themselves with the Rwandan capital, our half day city tour is a perfect addition to your Rwanda trip. Learn more about Rwanda’s history at the Historic Museum, and genocide against Tutsi at kigali genocide memorial , visit a bustling craft market, dine at the famous ‘Hotel Rwanda’, and visit the heart-wrenching Kigali Genocide Memorial.
For those who are pressed for time who wish to familiarize themselves with the Rwandan capital, our half day city tour is a perfect addition to your Rwanda trip. Learn more about Rwanda’s history at the Historic Museum, visit a bustling craft market, dine at the famous ‘Hotel Rwanda’, and visit the heart-wrenching Genocide Memorial.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Designated Location in Kigali|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Kick off Time: 9h|
This is a typical itinerary for this product
- Stop At: Mt. Kigali, Kigali, Kigali ProvinceMeet and greet tour Driver /guide at our office or somewhere in Kigali – short briefing about your city tour. Proceed for a city tour in Kigali, Rwanda’s capital city which was named in 1907 by Dr. Richard Kandt, the first colonial resident governor of Rwanda. Kigali city is surrounded by lush hills of green. On the tour through the city, expect to see the following:
Tour will start by visiting Mount Kigali for a fantastic view of the city, surrounding hillside and countryside. It is one of the highest points in Kigali city
- Stop At: Kandt House MuseumKigali Museum and learn the history of city and country’s pre-colonial and colonial period as well as the colonial masters in Rwanda.
- Stop At: Kigali Genocide Memorial, Kigali, Kigali ProvinceVisit the genocide memorial site, a grim reminder of a senseless massacre of innocent’s lives in 1994. Learn about Rwanda’s history from pre-colonial times to 1994 genocide and how Rwanda has dealt with that past. We continue with our tour and see the new developments in Rwanda; the recovery has been incredible, a testament to humankind’s resilience
- Stop At: Mille Collines, NairobiMille Collines Hotel (Hotel Rwanda) for lunch
Kigali city tour will include a stop at the historic ‘Hotel Rwanda’. Still a classy hotel to this day, the Mille Collines Hotel offers a delicious buffet lunch including African Food such as Amateke, Ibijumba etc.
- Stop At: Kimironko Market, Kigali, Kigali ProvinceVisit the Kimoronko Giant Market, where you will have a chance to bargain as locals do and test to african food such fruits, drinks and also you will have chance to the hand art and craft market of CAPLAKI for souvenir shopping.
- Stop At: Inema Art Center, Kigali, Kigali Provinceoptionaly if you still have time will be able to visit the most populary art gallery in East Africa called Inema Art Center where you will meet magician doing their things.
- Pass By: Kigali City Tower, Kigali, Kigali ProvinceLater in the evening, proceed to the Cocktail Lounge on the eighth floor of the 2000 Hotel for panoramic views overlooking the entire city of Kigali! As striking at night as it is during the day, one is reminded exactly why Rwanda is known as The Land of a Thousand Hills.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review